Comp cards are the business cards of models and actors. They display a headshot on the front with an additional 3-5 images on back, along with the individual’s stats. They’re handed out to potential clients and agencies during auditions and castings, and they’re also used by agencies to market their models. “Comp card” is short for composite card, and it may also be referred to as a Sed Card, Zed Card, or Z Card (they all mean the same thing).
What You Should Know
- Cards are typically 5.5” x 8.5”.
- They should be printed on quality, heavy cardstock.
Front of Card
- Show off your best headshot. To allow agents and potential clients to consider you for a variety of jobs, this headshot should ideally display a versatile, more “natural” look.
- Include your name, printed in a simple, easy-to-use font, such as Arial or Times New Roman, in size 12 or 14.
Back of Card
- Include three to five images that show variety. Ideally, they will convey your experience, range, and the type of work you’re seeking. If you’re a model, you’ll want to include a variety of looks. Actors may show different types of lifestyle shots, especially if they’re looking for commercial work.
- Most women include these stats: hair color, eye color, bust, waist, hips, dress size, and shoe size.
- Men typically include: hair color, eye color, height, suit or chest size, was it, inseam, and shoe size.
- Provide contact information: your cell phone number, email address, and possibly your website. Again, use a simple font, size 12-14.
- You may also display your agency's logo.
- The card may be vertical or horizontal.
These cards are your first impression, and a great marketing tool. Be sure to convey your professionalism with high-quality photos, a clean design, and quality printing production.
See our pricing for comp card photography and printing here.